- Stabilises the trunk with support for front or back.
- Reduces sacral pressure to prevent pressure sores.
- Aids in the management and healing of existing sores.
- Under thighs – helps maintain pelvic tilt in pelvic traction
- Promotes proper hip alignment.
- Secure, comfortable, and more stable than pillows.
Positioning Pad – Body Aligner Wedge – Visco memory foam provides comfort & support
- Supports front or back – reduces pressure on the sacrum. Stabilises the trunk
- Helps protect the body’s pressure points from pressure ulcers (bed sores).
- Distributes body weight evenly & reduces pressure
- Under thighs – helps maintain pelvic tilt in pelvic traction & promotes proper hip alignment
- Multi-purpose: Adjustability eliminates the need for different sizes
- Promotes air circulation for enhanced comfort.
- Ideal for long term care patients or convalescents.
- Tailored in moisture-resistant bacteria inhibiting (hospital grade) Steri-Plus. Wipes clean for easy care.
Uses of the Positioning Body Wedge / Aligner
A body positioning wedge to aid in the management and healing of existing pressure ulcers, by allowing patients to be positioned on their side to reduce sacral pressure.
Provides effective side positioning as well as offering forward positioning and roll control.
By deleting one of both of the removable memory foam ‘sleeves’ you can change the angle from 40° down to approximately 25° or to 15°.
It’s your choice, and it means you determine the optimum comfort & positioning levels required for yourself or your patient.
Available in moisture and bacteria-resistant Steri-Plus. Our Steri-Plus covers have a special polyurethane ply (film) bonded to woven polyester fabric.
Foam Inner: Do Not Immerse in water. Dab clean, mild detergent, warm water. Do not machine wash. Do not tumble dry. Dry away from sunlight.
Cover: Steri-Plus (moisture resistant version): Do Not Use dry cleaning solvents, or phenolic disinfectants. Wipe stains by using a non-phenolic disinfectant in a diluted solution. Do Not Machine Wash. Do Not Tumble Dry. Do Not Iron. Line Dry Only.